How To Apply
When the online application is received, you will receive a confirmation email, including banking information to submit the non-refundable, application processing fee (100,000 KRW).
Step 2: Submit supporting documentation
All students applying to preschool through grade 12 are required to submit the following documents to complete their application. Documents must be sent directly from the issuing school/institution. Documents originally issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a notarized English translation. Please note, all documents submitted become the property of Dwight School Seoul and will not be returned.
- Copy of applicant’s passport
- Copy of parents’ passports
- Copy of applicant’s and parents’ Alien Registration Cards (ARC) – foreign passport holders only
- Copy of applicant’s birth certificate or family registry for Korean nationals
- Entry/Exit Statement for applicant
- Entry/Exit Statement for parents – 3 years overseas applicants only
- Transcripts (academic records) for the current year plus previous two years
- Confidential Teacher Recommendation Form
- Lower School applicants (preschool through grade 5) submit one from current homeroom teacher
- Upper School applicants (grades 6 through 12) submit two – one from the applicant’s current English language arts teacher
- Applicant Questionnaire (grades 6 through 12 only)
- Diploma Programme Course Selection Form (grades 11 and 12 only)
- New Student Health Form
- Application for school bus service (if applicable)
Early Childhood Division (ECD): Applicants for preschool (PS) and kindergarten (K) should submit a report or recommendation from any current or previous school attended.
Only after all supporting documents are received will the student’s file be reviewed for admission.
Step 3: Complete the interview and admissions assessment
Once your application, application fee and all supporting documents have been received, a member of the Admissions team will contact you to arrange an interview and admissions assessment. Please be advised that interviews & assessments last approximately 1½ – 2 hours.
Students applying to grades 11 and 12 (IBDP) are required to attend an additional interview with the Upper School Principal and/or IB Diploma Coordinator.
Overseas applicants: If a student is applying from overseas and is unable to complete the interview and admissions assessment at the Dwight School Seoul campus, an online interview can be arranged, and a teacher or counselor at the applicant’s current school can administer the test.
Step 4: Review and evaluation of the application
Upon completion of the interview and admissions assessment, the application will be evaluated by the Admissions Committee. In some situations, further action may be required.
- The applicant may be required to spend an additional day on the campus to undergo further assessment. Observations and recommendations may be sought from a variety of specialist teachers.
- If the previous reports or the Confidential Teacher Recommendation Form indicate behavioral problems, the previous school will be contacted for clarification and further information pertaining to the student’s issues.
- If the previous reports or admissions test indicate learning difficulties, the Quest Coordinator will interview and/or formally assess the student and advise as to whether Dwight School Seoul is the correct placement for the student and whether the school can adequately support the student’s needs.
NOTE: English as an Additional Language is not available in the IBDP (grades 11 and 12) and Learning Support is limited to time management and study skills support only.
Step 5: Contact with decision
Once the Admissions Committee has made a decision, parents will be immediately contacted. Decisions may be one of the following:
- Offer of Acceptance – unconditional
- Offer of Acceptance – conditional
- Quest or English as an Additional Language(EAL) support may be required. This may involve an additional cost.
- Probationary acceptance – conditions of probation will be shared
- No Offer of Acceptance
Please allow a minimum of 5 working days for notification following the interview test date.