Scholarship and Bursaries
Dwight School Seoul is pleased to offer needs-based financial aid, intended as short-term financial assistance, and merit-based scholarships.
Financial aid is subject to applicants meeting all admissions requirements and proven financial need. Details are confidential, to be disclosed to the parties directly named only.
Scholarships are awarded to current upper school students enrolled at Dwight who are able to demonstrate their spark of genius in the available scholarship categories:
- Demonstrate outstanding commitment of leadership skills globally and in the local community
- Demonstrate exceptional academic abilities by maintaining an average mark of 6 in course work
- Great all-around student who personifies the IB Attitudes/Learner Profile and Dwight School Seoul Mission and Philosophy
- Demonstrate athletic participation who has a proven record of outstanding athleticism and will represent Dwight in two full seasons on a Varsity Team. Athletic Director will verify student’s records for participation.
- Student must exemplify good sportsmanship, including attitude toward team members, coaches, equipment, officials and spectators.
- Performing/Visual Arts (Drama, Music, Voice, Film, Art)
- Perform two pieces or provide portfolio of works
- Students may be required to exhibit work in the Gallery or participate in School performances
- Technology (Robotics, Programming, Animation, Software)
- Provide samples of works completed
- Demonstrate knowledge in selected area
Scholarship auditions and interviews take place the first quarter of each year and are applied toward tuition the following August. Typically a scholarship award will range from 5% to 35% of tuition. All awards are merit-based and there is no guarantee that scholarships will be awarded for each category. Applicants are required to submit completed documentation and be prepared to showcase their talents before a panel.
The 2019-2020 application deadline is January 31, 2019. No late applications will be considered.
Awards will be determined in March. Please note that all applicants must maintain a minimum mark of four, and be participating in applicable events/programs in order to maintain eligibility for their scholarship. Recipients will receive financial awards based upon panelist input as well as access to Quest support as appropriate and based upon availability. Failure to remain in good standing, both academically and socially, will result in the forfeit of scholarship funds.
To apply for financial aid or scholarships please contact the Admission Office at email@example.com.